AmCham Denmark, in partnership with The American Danish Business Council in Washington D.C., is pleased to announce that nominations are open for the 2021 Transatlantic Company of the Year.
About the Award
The Transatlantic Company of the Year recognizes the important contributions and positive impact of Danish companies investing in the United States. The award is presented annually in order to highlight the importance of the economic ties between the United States and Denmark and to celebrate business excellence by a Danish company in arguably the most competitive market in the world.
The Transatlantic Company of the Year is awarded to a registered Danish company invested in the U.S. that has demonstrated significant achievements within the United States, in one or more of the following areas:
- Growth: Relative growth in turnover, employees or profitability in USA
- Investment: Significant investments in R&D, new facilities or acquisitions in USA
- Partnerships: Strategic partnerships in USA, with organizations, companies or government agencies
- Innovation: Development/implementation of an innovative solution in USA
- CSR/Sustainability: Meaningful initiatives in the USA, and their impact both internally and externally
Previous winners include:
Ørsted (2020), Rambøll (2019), Siteimprove (2018), Vestas (2017), Sitecore (2016)
Gehl Architects (2015), Lundbeck (2014), Terma (2013)
Novozymes (2012), Grundfos (2011) and Novo Nordisk (2010)
In order to ensure complete impartiality in the selection process, we have appointed an independent jury of distinguished business leaders to evaluate the applications and select the winner. Jury members include:
- Jørgen Bardenfleth, Chairman (Lyngsoe Systems, Symbion et al.)
- Sanna Suvanto-Harsaae, Chairman of the Board (Bo Concept, TCM, etc.)
- Bjarne Corydon, CEO, Børsen
If your company is interested in being considered for this year’s award, please contact AmCham’s Therese Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details on the nomination process.
Nomination deadline is February 26, 2021.
The award will be presented at AmCham’s Transatlantic Summit in the Spring of 2021.
For more information, contact AmCham at email@example.com.
Note: There is no charge to submit a nomination. However, if your company is chosen as a finalist, there is an administration fee to enter the final round (DKK 7.500 for AmCham Denmark & American-Danish Business Council members; or DKK 12.000 for non-members).